The situation of the residence is perfect for heading out to explore Kafountine on your own: in the same street you can find you places where to do percussion and traditional dances, in which you can participate freely. The team of Can Teranga also organizes different activities:
- Excursion in pirogue to the mangrove Islands
- Bird watching
- Walks to the wide Beach to the village of Abéné, about 9 km
- Bicycle rental
- Festivals of traditional music and dance
- African djembe and dance classes
- Routes to the interior of the Casamance to the diola culture, visiting several towns (Ziguinchor, Oussouye, Cap Skirring, Diembéring, Karabane…) from 2 to 5 days.
- Guided routes by Omar, for travelers who have a minimum of 15 days: from Dakar, visiting the island of Gorée (House of slaves), the Pink Lake and he natural park in Banja (wild animals such as giraffes, zebras, ostriches, Rhinoceros, etc. in freedom), we pass through the Delta of Saloum and will cross Gambia to end up at Kafountine. Another possibility is to make the route Dakar-Ziguinchor by ferry.
- Guided tour of the Basari Country with a local guide.
Please contact us for more information.